The Adopt - A - Worm Program is one of the most exciting programs we offer for elementary school children. The program teaches kids in a supervised classroom setting how to maintain a vermicomposter (wormcomposter). Classes participating in the program receive one pound of Red Wriggler worms to "worm-sit" for one school year.
REAPS provides information and support including:
- Set-up session with information and resource package.
- Monthly check-up visits (including harvesting)
- Free subscription to our monthly newsletter
"Castings" about worms and other environmental issues
- Resource library loan from our wide-ranging
collection on worms, composting and the environmental
- About waste reduction and other environmental issues.
- The importance of decomposers in the ecosystem.
- How to care respectfully for a colony of worms.